Trinity Covenant Church: RCUS
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The church is a sacred society of men whom God himself has called together by His word that they may live together without confusion, but in good order, which He wills to be conserved in the world until its end. From this circumstance, the church has the right to call and to have pastors, by whom it may be regulated and governed.
God gave faith and piety to the church, which is bound indispensably to these four duties:
1. To persevere in the practice of faith and piety to the end.
2. To defend faith and piety against the errors and deceptions of Satan.
3. To confirm and increase faith and piety more and more.
4. To propagate faith and piety according to its ability to its children and to strangers.
Faith and Piety
1. As to the substance of faith: Trinity Covenant Church is bound to the doctrines of the Three Forms of Unity adopted by the Reformed Church in the U. S. Other expressions of the faith of the church such as the Nicene Creed; Athanasius Creed; Westminster Confession and Catechisms are valuable for comparison and instruction.
2. As to Piety: We will strive to bring our lives into conformity to the will of God as set forth in the Person and Work of our Lord Jesus Christ, in whom dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
First: We consider Trinity Covenant Church and the R.C.U.S. to be a part of the Holy Catholic Church, and refuse any spirit or doctrine that would divide us from the church catholic. We welcome into communion and fellowship all who belong to Christ in confession and conversation, and all denominations who confess the catholic faith.
Second: The tract “Worship at Trinity Covenant Church” is to be an integral part of this vision statement.
Third: As music is an integral part of worship, and as the forms and customs of music are constantly changing as God works in the souls of men, Trinity Covenant Church accepts all forms and expressions of music that are conducive to the spiritual worship of God required by our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Scriptures.
Fourth: The purposes of corporate worship are as follows:
1. To promote personal fellowship with God through Jesus Christ, by means of prayer and the study of the Holy Scriptures.
2. To bear witness to the world of the faith of Jesus Christ, in accordance with the assurance of the Holy Ghost that the church is the pillar and ground of the truth. ‑I Timothy 3:15.
3. To welcome to our congregation any of the family of God, regardless of their race or ethnic background.
4. That God’s people be knit together in love, unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and the Father, and of Christ. That we may be rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith, abounding therein with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:2,7)
5. To offer to God as a body the sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving, as He has required. --I Peter 2:5
6. To observe at stated times the holy sacraments of Baptism and the Lord Supper.
7. To keep before all people the necessity for every man to worship God from the heart, in spirit and in truth. ‑John 4:24
8. To assist in the development of a social consciousness based upon equity as set forth in the Holy Scriptures, in order to strengthen families, institutions, and civil government in public morality and godliness.
Fifth: We further see the present, particular ministries of Trinity Covenant Church to be as follows:
1. Conducting of home Bible classes as we have opportunity.
2. The publishing of Basket of Figs, edited by Pastor Powell.
3. The distribution of tapes and tracts produced by this church.
4. The support, as we are able, of ministerial students to the R.C.U.S. ministry attending New Geneva Theological Seminary.
Pastor C. W. Powell
6050 Del Paz Drive
Colorado Springs, CO